[TYPO3] problems updating to T3 4 beta2

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Jan 24 22:40:58 CET 2006

Hi Diederik,

> forgot to mention that if i go to install tool to "Update the database
> structure" and "Import the static tables"., all i get is a blank page with
> the message:
>
> Warning:

main(C:/apache/htdocs/quickstart/typo3/ext/install/mod/class.tx_install.php):
                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
See this!

Making an upgrade by overwriting parts of the installation is generally a
bad strategy. The "install" extension for example has been moved into
typo3/sysext/ but the old version in typo3/ext/ will still take precedence.

Since you don't want that, I recommend that you first remove all source
directories completely [1] and then install the beta over it again.

- michael

[1] t3lib, tslib, typo3, index.php, showpic.php, media
--
Use a newsreader! Check out