[TYPO3] index.html /CSS template how to go?

Hans Peter Sorensen HansPS at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 17:09:44 CET 2006

Oi list.

I have in all aspects a newbie question - CSS Typo3 and design wise.

I have been using the UrbanNomad template and I have decided to dive into
the creation of Typo3 templates by making my own template to go with my
index page.

I have for that purpose been reading the "Typo3 templates basics" made by
mcuniverse

I have made a pure CSS driven html template - all div's no tables and it all
looks fine, not counting a hairline I have to solve.

I now need to insert Typo3 markers and starts thinking - why would I insert
a Typo3 marker on an all static page that is pure CSS?

The page is basically a top graphic, footer with text and link and a
"content area" with 3 link, 3 gif/img and a few line of text.

The 3 links in the "content area" will be language based entrances to the
site -but even that is not a dynamic element that needs a Typo3 marker - or
am I wrong?

My questions at last:

Do I need a Typo3 marker on an all static html template?

Do I need to take special care of the link that giver access to the
different languages?

Can this be done by linking the default Hello World template to my html and
CSS files?

I would appreciate any help that gets me started in the right direction.

Thanks for your time and answer

Hans Peter