[TYPO3] indexed search - problems with rootPidList and page_links

Patrick Rodacker patrick.rodacker at the-reflection.de
Tue Jan 24 16:21:12 CET 2006

Hi all,

I am using the extension 'indexed_search' (2.1.3) on different TYPO3
installations (3.8.0, 3.8.1) and have encountered some problems with the
configuration of 'rootPidList' and ''.

The output of the search does not get any results if the rootPidList is
set to any other page then the rootpage of the website. Using it for
defining several branches therefore doesn't work at all. A workaround
suggested by Peter Niederlag in an answer to a similar asked question is
a step in the right direction but not at all satisfying. By setting the
_DEFAULT_PI_VARS.sections it is possible to limit the results to
specific branches, but the display of the sections includes also the
page between root and the displayed pages. To give an example have a
look at the following setup:

-root
--page1
---page1.1
---page1.2
---page1.3
--page2
---page2.1
---page2.2
---page2.3

I want to use only the page1 as rootPidList, but this does not work
until it is the root of the whole pagetree, which is not the case. So I
set '_DEFAULT_PI_VARS.sections=<id of page1>' and the result output of
the search displays the sections links as 'page1/page1.1' which is not
what I need. Did I miss something to enable the search only for the
branch page1? I am aware of different solutions to prevent indexing from
several page branches, but this does not solve the problem. Another
solution would be an adjustment of the page tree structure.

Can anybody confirm the problem?

On my installations the configuration 'page_links' seems to have no
effect on the number of result entries to be displayed either. This
could be solved by setting _DEFAULT_PI_VARS.results but still bothers me.

Thanks for any hints.

Best regards
Patrick