[TYPO3] Typo 3.81 (Typo3 4) and SOAP XML

Darko Kalevski kdarko at unet.com.mk
Mon Jan 23 16:25:58 CET 2006

hey folks

been awhile since I posted, and now I would like to get a feedback from
you, if any of you know and have an experience with this sort of thing.

Sometime soon I think I might be working and developing a site which
requires certain live data queried from external web system. I would
like more than anything to start and develop it with Typo3 4 (when it
comes out now in february). Now the live data I'm supposed to query is
thru SOAP and are XML based. The system I need to communicate works like
this:
Data transfer between my site (it's users) and that web system is done
thru SOAP protocol. Now SOAP is based on http(s) and the data are
represented as XML. Data is sent on users requests in their defined time
intervals. The data is not saved at their end once request (query) is
issued, nor they use any logic to choose the data which is to be sent to
the user. That is something I have to code on my own.
There are predefined time intervals at which I can contact their web
service and issue request for a specific data. The request can be done
using predefined methods - like GetTradeList, GetSecurityList and etc.

And I need to get the data presented on my site. My question is: Is it
possible to integrate with Typo3 3.81 (or 4) the solution which gets the
data via SOAP? If it is, then how? Where can I read further more for
SOAP integration and how to do that?

Basically I'm new to SOAP as well, php beginner, I know what XML is and
the concepts, havent done much work with XML previously, but I'm willing
to read and learn! So anything goes and is acceptible - I would just
appreciate your help for giving me directions where to go so I dont lurk
around and waste alot of time!

Thanks!!!

I appreciate your input alot on this one. Highly valuable to me. As it
is really now a chance to start practically dealing and working with Typo!

Thanks again.

Kind regars,
Darko