[TYPO3] Indexed search bitmask for flags

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sun Jan 22 18:35:03 CET 2006

Hi Dmitrii,

I've just seen this posting has not been answered yet.

> [QUOTE]
> Bitmask for Flags (Advanced)  [flagBitMask]
>
> By this value (0-255) you can filter the importance of <title> (128),
> <keywords> (64) and <description> (32) content from HTML documents. By
> default none of these will have any importance over the other. Setting
> the value to eg. 196 means that title-tag content and meta-keywords
> will be flagged (and rate higher in search results)
> [END QUOTE]
>
> Ok, but 128 + 64 = 192, not 196

True, but still it's not wrong. It just means that the flag with the value
"4" is also enabled (don't know if this is used yet?):

128 + 64 + 4 = 196

The reason for this is that there could be some more flags which are either
undocumented or simply not used yet. Feel free to check for that.

> and 128+64+32 = 224, not 255.

Same here:

128 + 64 + 32 + 16 + 8 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 255

Means: With this setting, all possible options are enabled. This applies to
the mentioned 128 (title) and 64 (keywords) too.

> So, if I set the bitmask to 160 (126 + 32), will it mean that I set it
> to <title>+<description> ?

Yes, but it means 128 + 32 (I think that was a typo above?).

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out