[TYPO3] when inserting image, typo appends _01 to the name...

Heiner Lamprecht heiner at heiner-lamprecht.net
Sun Jan 22 11:11:35 CET 2006

On Saturday 21 January 2006 18:44, dieter orens wrote:
> well that's it: whenever I insert  images typo adds _01 to the
> name, and then can't find the image?! Anyone had this prblem
> before?

There is a way do avoid it, although this way requires some work and
is IMHO only usefull, if you have many images.

You may have a look into the DAM-extensions.  These are used for
managing "digital assets" like documents, images and so on.

One of these extensions does not copy images when they are used
inside a page, but only references them.  The advantage is, that
the filename is not changed, and when you use one image on more
than one page, than the file is not duplicated but reused.

    Heiner

--
    heiner at heiner-lamprecht dot net    GnuPG - Key: 9859E373
  Fingerprint:  3770 7947 F917 94EF 8717 BADB 0139 7554 9859 E373