[TYPO3] BE: drop down lists always preselected

Stephan A. Rickauer stephan.rickauer at ini.phys.ethz.ch
Thu Jan 19 16:05:04 CET 2006

Thanks for your reply. Actually it happens on all the pages, even if no
ts is defined... really weired...

Stephan

media.res | alex widschwendter wrote:
> hi,
>
>> our Institute has a problem with a 3.8.1 installation on FreeBSD 4.10,
>> php 5.0.5 on apache 2.0.55. It is kind of vage so sorry for the not very
>> descriptive subject ... I also must prepend I am no typo3 expert - I am
>> the guy who takes care of the unix server where typo3 runs on.
>>
>> The problem my typo3 users state is some drop down menues in the backend
>> are preselected with values where it should not be. Example: 'Edit page
>> header | Access:' is always preset to 'hide at logon' and though it's
>> possible to change that value to 'Show at any login' the default value
>> is never empty as it should be (according to our typo3 experts here).
>>
>> Another example is when the page is of the type shortcut: Then the drop
>> down menue of 'Shortcut mode' is always preselected to 'First subpage'
>> and changeable to 'Random subpage' - but it's never empty by default.
>>
>> I searched the archives, googled etc. but I couldn't find anything
>> related. I played with all kinds of php settings a lot, but nothing
>> helped. Would maybe upgrading to php 5.0.5 help?
>
> have a look at your page ts. maybe the settings are preconfigured there?
>
> hth alex

 Stephan A. Rickauer

 Institut für Neuroinformatik          Tel: +41 44 635 30 50
 Universität / ETH Zürich              Sek: +41 44 635 30 52
 Winterthurerstriasse 190              Fax: +41 44 635 30 53
 CH-8057 Zürich                        Web:  www.ini.ethz.ch

 RSA public key: https://www.ini.ethz.ch/~stephan/pubkey.asc