[TYPO3] Halftransparent Watermark with ImageMagick 4.2.9?

Kahlil Lechelt k.lechelt at gmx.de
Wed Jan 18 21:26:57 CET 2006

Christopher wrote:
> On 1/18/06, Kahlil Lechelt <k.lechelt at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Yes i also installed graphicsmagick and tried it, but i have the same
>> problem the jpgs are generated with 256 colors thats not acceptable...
>>

> Unless I'm much mistaken, this is no limitation of IM/GM--it's Typo3
> (this was definitely true to 3.8.1...)
>

> -Christopher

This is a quote out of the goof_fotoboek extension manual:

" ... If you are using image magick 4 or 5 stay away from this option
because all your pictures will be 256 colors. For Image Magick 6 this
option is quite neat. The watermark is only applied to the single view
so disable the link to the original if you want to "protect" your
photos. ... "

this sounds like there is no 256 colors problem with IM6 doesnt it?

Regards,
Kahlil