[TYPO3] Halftransparent Watermark with ImageMagick 4.2.9?

Kahlil Lechelt k.lechelt at gmx.de
Wed Jan 18 18:17:13 CET 2006

Bernhard Kraft wrote:
> Kahlil Lechelt wrote:
>
>> I need watermarks on the full sized pics. I use imagemagick 4.2.9.
>> Can i generate decent watermarks with that on jpgs?
>> Did anybody work out a solution for that?
>

> I knew this would came ... it already was asked that many times ...
> but I'm ready :)
>
> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/GIFBUILDER
>
> greets,
> Bernhard

Thanks again for the Link you helped me out bigtime!
But ImageMagick 4.2.9 only supports 256 colors and that really is a problem.
I will try if i can get my webhoster to install IM6 they really
recommend to install 4.2.9 because of performance issues.

Is IM6 really that bad performance-wise?

Regards,
Kahlil