[TYPO3] TemplaVoila submenu mapping problem

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 16:44:31 CET 2006

Hi,

On 1/17/06, Christoph Neuroth <delmonico at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I use:
>  * Typo3 4.0b1
>  * TemplaVoila 0.5.0 (linked in 4.0beta Release Announcement)
>
> It's the first time I work with TV and so far I'm really impressed. However I
> have one problem: I can't map my submenu - TV always says "no content".
> This is the menu HTML: http://www.rafb.net/paste/results/Yp8B8C65.html
>
> I can map the main menu using the <div id="navcontainer"> as well as the <ul
> id="nav"> without any problem. But I cannot map the sub menu... Any
> suggestions?

If I understand what you're saying correctly, you _can't_ do what
you're trying to do the way you're trying to do it.

If you map the outermost list to (for example) a TS object, the ENTIRE
list is replaced by te TS object--including all its contents. Your
best be is to simple map the top level list, as you've presumably
done, to a  TMENU [1]. You can easily build nested lists with TMENU
(look for "wrapItemAndSub")

-Christopher

[1] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/TMENU/