[TYPO3] How download extensions?

Salvatore Di Nardo salvatore.dinardo at itb.cnr.it
Mon Jan 16 09:45:47 CET 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 17:21, Martin S wrote:

> 2006/1/13, Salvatore Di Nardo <salvatore.dinardo at itb.cnr.it>:
> >
> > WARNING: Typo3 noob here :-)
> >
> > Hi all !
> > Tooday i decided to try to install Typo 3( on linux FC3 using
> > quickstart-3.8.1.zip package). But i'm unable to let working the
> > downloads of the extention list:
> >
> > what i did:
> > 1) registered myself in typo3.org
> > 2) set usernale & pass in "Ext manager" -> Settings
> > 3) tried to get new extension list from "Ext manager" -> "import nex
> > extension from online repository" ( clicking on connect to online
> > repository) button
> >
> > but i got not any list.
> >

> Problem is that you haven't said what went wrong.
> What happened instead of you connecting and getting a list?
>
> Regards,
>
> Martin S

Nothing !! that my problem.

ok, seems i have to describe better whats happening ( hoping u
understand better as me ):

the page have have 3 sections:
1) Extension managers
2) Extensions in TYPO3 Extension Repository
3) Upload extension file directly (.t3x):

in section 2 there is a "<input type="text" name="_lookUp" value="" />"
and a submit button. If i press this button leaving blank the "input" i
get the same page without the section 2. If i put in "CHC" ( the
extension i try to get ) nothing changes. It seems to me that he act as
he got simply  an "emply list" probably due to a connection error, but i
see not any error message. I already registered on typo3 an account and
set my connection data ( username and pass). below a text version of my
page:

Extension Manager

Menu:  Loaded extensionsAvailable extensions to installImport extensions
from online repositorySettings  Order by:
CategoryAuthorStateDependencies   Show:   DetailsDescriptionMore details
Display shy extensions:     Get own/member/selected extensions only:

Extensions in TYPO3 Extension Repository

Click here to connect to "http://ter.typo3.com/?id=t3_extrep" and
retrieve the list of publicly available plugins from the TYPO3 Extension
Repository.

Repository username "my_username" will be sent as authentication.

Look up:

PRIVACY NOTICE:
When ever you interact with the online repository, server information is
sent and stored in the repository for statistics. No personal
information is sent, only identification of this TYPO3 install. If you
want know exactly what is sent, look in typo3/mod/tools/em/index.php,
function repTransferParams()

Upload extension file directly (.t3x):

Upload extension file (.t3x):

... in location:

 Overwrite any existing extension!

What i do is simply to ples the connection button in "Extensions in
TYPO3 Extension Repository".
What i'm missiong?

p.s) i already reinstalled typo 3 two times so i'm quite confided it
went al fine as far i saw.