[TYPO3] How download extensions?

Salvatore Di Nardo salvatore.dinardo at itb.cnr.it
Fri Jan 13 16:03:56 CET 2006

WARNING: Typo3 noob here :-)

Hi all !
Tooday i decided to try to install Typo 3( on linux FC3 using
quickstart-3.8.1.zip package). But i'm unable to let working the
downloads of the extention list:

what i did:
1) registered myself in typo3.org
2) set usernale & pass in "Ext manager" -> Settings
3) tried to get new extension list from "Ext manager" -> "import nex
extension from online repository" ( clicking on connect to online
repository) button

but i got not any list.
I will try to make a portal, but i need a forum support so i tried to
get CHC forum.  Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong, or if there is
another way to get this extension, or if there is another board that i
can retrieve easier (non external forum ) ?

Sorry if this question seems too stupid, but i past some hours reading
docs and triing before asking but realy dunno what i'm doiing wrong.

p.s) To let Typo 3 installation working i already increased "php mem
limit" to 32MB  and max upload file to 20MB ( was only 2MB.. just in
case it was just a "size problem" )

p.p.s) tnx in advance