[TYPO3] Mininews Multilanguage

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Thu Jan 12 15:47:16 CET 2006

Hi!

Tomas Norre Mikkelsen wrote:
> I have installed the ext mininews at my typo3, but my website is in three
> languages, Danish, English and German. The extensions "variables" "more" and
> "search" and such is translated.
>
> But my problem is that i what to translate the news as well. I have
> previously used the module tt_news, which could do that quite simple, but i
> had some troubles to make it work. So I switched to the simpler extension..
>
> Maybe this will cost the multilanguage news ??

Unfortunately, it will :(

> Any hint on how to do? or is it not possible with mininews extension,
> without coding some new stuff into the extension ?

Mininews does not support multilanguage directly. You will have to put
news to separate pages and configure separate instances of the mininews
plugins to use those start pages.

Technically, mininews does not define column for sys_language_uid and
does not include such filed in its queries. It should not be difficult
to add - extension is quite small and simple.

Dmitry.