[TYPO3] parsetime rather high with lastupdate and Templavoila

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Tue Jan 10 16:43:17 CET 2006

Hello Elfriede

> we wish to use the extension LastUpdate on our website with
> Typo3(3.8.0) and TemplaVoila.
>
> However, using "LastUpdate" the performance of the server crashes. The
> parsetime of a page ranges from 30-120 secs. The website has about
> 7000 pages.

The extension LastUpdate are known as a performance killer on larger websites.
Search in the archive (about a year ago), and you will find some posts about
it. The reason is explained in the other posts.

My site is small but I'm using the following in TypoScript.

---snip----
lib.lastupdate = TEXT
lib.lastupdate {
data = register : SYS_LASTCHANGED
date = d.m.Y
wrap = <p>Sist oppdatert:&nbsp; | . </p>
}
---snip end----

lib.lastupdate are mapped to a div near bottom of the page.

But as you see I don't have the Author name. But it may be possible to solve
this problem to. There are also an tutorial (a bit old) about how to make
lastupdate work (not the extensions) in the documents section of TYPO3. There
is a more complex setup.

Why not try if this is a better solution.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no