[TYPO3] How to connect Direct Mail Admin page with Module?

Dan Temple dan at temple.dk
Sun Jan 8 21:33:47 CET 2006

I am attempting to follow the Direct Mail Tutorial
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/direct_mail_tut/Administration_Typo3/

but things are not quite as per the examples.

I set up an Administration Page, this went rather better than expected,
after just adding the plugin content element I could already subscribe
from the front end, and choose between Religion, Sport etc. Where did
this come from? I hadn't made a Module yet!

I then tried to make the template appropriately, as this is where the
link to the Module appears to be made (pid = N) but the Include Static
box was just blank, and the page refused to render any content if a
template was applied.

I then went ahead and made the Module, which appeared to work logically.
But it has nothing to do with the Administration page I have made?

Any help appreciated..

/Dan