[TYPO3] [Typo3] How large of website can typo3 handle?

Wilson, John C. JOHN.C.WILSON at saic.com
Fri Jan 6 17:09:30 CET 2006

This is a very interesting article however; it adds a level of complexity to
setting up a database table structure and queries that many are not able to
fully understand because they are not database programmers.  I think this
article does have some real applications in applications like Typo3.

If the folks at MySQL AB were really adventurous, they should look at adding
a function like Oracle's "Connect By".  This works in a similar manner but
is flexible enough where you can use the traditional parent-child
associations in the database and the select statement is pretty straight
forward.  You can also apply this select statement to other tables what were
not necessarily set up to be part of a hierarchy, like in a data mining
application.

John C. Wilson
Maximo Consultant
Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)
(281) 552-2745
john.c.wilson at saic.com