[TYPO3] Strange Doctype Problem

Mario Rimann expires-2005-12-31 at usenet.rimann.li
Fri Jan 6 13:02:30 CET 2006

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 15:20:37 +0100, Mario Rimann
<expires-2005-12-31 at usenet.rimann.li> wrote:

> If I load the same page once again (from cache), these signs are
> not in front of the doctype-definition. In this case there's no
> problem displaying the page in IE.
>
> Has anyone a hint for this?

After trying many things I found a solution for my problem. First
I began to uninstal some of the extensions. After every
uninstalled extension I cleared all cache and tried if the
problem is solved. With this I got to know wich extension caused
the problem.

After searching in all the files of this extension for misformed
characters (especially german umlauts) I found the mistake at the
very beginning of the pi1/class file. There have been some
strange signs in front of the opening <?php tag. I think the
signs came to this place due to an error while copying via FTP.

After removing them, everything works fine!

Greetings,
Mario