[TYPO3] Strange Doctype Problem

Mario Rimann expires-2005-12-31 at usenet.rimann.li
Thu Jan 5 15:20:37 CET 2006

Hi

I'm trying to solve a strange problem with doctype declaration.
That's what happens:

If I load the page the first time (not from cache), it sends the
following:

---
<!DOCTYPE html
     PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
lang="en">
---

Note the signs in front of the doctype declaration. They cause
IE6 to display this page in a weird style (german umlauts get
broken), at the same time there's no problem with Opera and
Firefox.

If I load the same page once again (from cache), these signs are
not in front of the doctype-definition. In this case there's no
problem displaying the page in IE.

Has anyone a hint for this?

Greetings,
Mario