[TYPO3] IE messes with css

Søren Vedel sv at workhouse.com.br
Wed Jan 4 18:20:22 CET 2006

Hi Elise,

A very simple advice:

Try to avoid using padding at all!

Read some of these articles:
http://www.wpdfd.com/editorial/wpd0902.htm
http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276491
http://www.csscreator.com/css-forum/ftopic3046.html&sid=494a2df12b48a1e8fdca8ae0e7bfb752

or take your own Google search, "avoid using padding" (include the " ")

Use margin instead, because padding renders WRONG in IE, according to
the W3C specifications.

Actually this is rather complicated, and if you take a look on some
sites, that deals with these kinds of trouble, you'll probably understand.

alistapart.com
stopdesign.com
css4you.de

Regards