[TYPO3] Server - big enough (Athlon 1.2ghz)?

Jochen Rieger j.rieger at connecta.ag
Wed Jan 4 14:31:23 CET 2006

Hi Stig,

> Though more memory would be desirable, - is 256 insufficient?

have a look at this article [1]. Michael Scharkow and Steffen Müller
write a lot about those performance issues. After reading this we
started stressing our own server (512 MB RAM) with SIEGE, that simulated
25 users, each calling 10 pages.

Result: the serverload got EXTREMELY high. When testing uncached pages
with tt_news records we even had to stop the "siege". Otherwise the
server wouldn't have reacted anymore.

Let's assume that you will have 20 Sites on that server... editors are
working in the backend, checking their changes on the websites and you
will also have visitors on those sites. I think you might stress your
server especially concerning the memory quite fast.

[1]
http://typo3.org/development/articles/testing-and-tuning-typo3-performance/page/1/

Kind regards,
Jochen