[TYPO3] Fe_users Front End User Registration does not work withdirect_mail categories

Johannes Konert johannes at konert.de
Tue Jan 3 22:20:38 CET 2006

Thank you Eric,
Indeed it was that simple. Sorry for that somehow dumb question. Anyway
I do not get the clue how to make sr_feuser_register and direct_mail
work together.
The Front End User Registration now only shows a list of Standard Topics
1 to 10 and ~not~ the 4 named topics I configured via the direct_mail
module configuration. Even copying the TSConf-lines into the main
template doesn't make the sr_feuser_register plugin to display the right
newsletter categories, but the users are created properly in the right
FeUsers sysfolder.

Reading the documentation of both extension, I found that
sr_feuser_register is using the table fe_users and direct_mail is using
tt_address. So how can they work together?? The one is saving it's
information about subscribed categories in the fe_users table and the
tt_address table is all the time empty, but has the dmail cols as well
(of course unused, too).

1. Is there a way to make fe_users get to know the dmail category
configuration (direct_mail and the sr_feuser_register plugin are used in
different subpages of the page-tree) ?
2. How do I make direct_mail work with the user-data and subscribed
categories from table fe_users than instead of tt_address ?

Thanks to you Eric in particular and to all others in general