[TYPO3] Search Engine Optimization and Persistent URLs

Ricardo Scachetti Pereira ricardo at tdwg.org
Tue Jan 3 20:03:21 CET 2006

    Hi folks,

    I'm setting up a Typo3 website and I have two potentially
conflicting requirements:

1) Search Engine Optimization
2) Persistent URLs

    These requirements may be conflicting if, for example, I use RealURL
extension to optimize search engine indexing and use the tree hierarchy
as part of the page. As soon as I change the title of a page in the
tree, I break all links for pages under that subtree. Or if I move one
page to another branch of the page tree (say, I move a page to an
archive for example), I also break all links to that page. On the other
hand, I can ensure I have persistent URLs by just turning off RealURL
and using the page ids, but then I won't get good search engine ratings.

    Does anyone have a good solution for this trade-off?

    I didn't find anything on the list archives.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Cheers and Happy New Year.

Ricardo