[TYPO3] tt_products, poor documentations, no support

Ali - saveez at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 2 19:42:36 CET 2006

>It's so simple. If you find documentation to poor, you are free to improve
>it.
>You are free to buy a book if you don't like the online documentation.
>There is
>no more to say to this.

I do not agree with this: the API documentation is supposed to be done by
the developer not the users! I am not talking about writing tutorials, it's
about the fact that when a an extension is out, the developer is supposed to
explain to people how to use the code. As the developer writes the code, it
is quite obvious that it's his job to document what he did.

> > Having this feature as a standard part of the shopping system seems
> > standard to me and it is odd that this feature is not built in the
> > extension.
> >

>I think it would be very usefull to have such a feature, not only for
>shops. Let
>us call it a virtual subtree. The menu function would need to provide a
>hook.
>Somebody would need to write a library. Maybe it is already implemented and
>don't know of it. Maybe it is not. Why don't you implement it yourself than
>of
>sponsor implementation?

The reason that I don't want to put time on developing this is that it seems
to standard to me to not be around. Every online shop with a lot of products
must have a sort of navigation.

It would be good if a tt_products developer could explain how to map the
list of products into HMENU. Is it possible to do this with tt_contents?

-Ali