[TYPO3] Need help on .htaccess/realURL

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Tue Feb 28 16:18:19 CET 2006

>I do use WordPress with Permalinks without .htaccess using something
> like /index.php/dir/%title%/ or whatever.
> C ya guys.
You can achieve a part similar effect by using TYPO3 aliases. You may need
to change the header page type to advanced to see that extra field.

Naturally and without .htaccess urls will then be:

www.domain.com/index.php?alias

But the files will respond to this url variations:

www.domain.com/?alias

So this is quite a good clean url.

Sorry TYPO3 is not quite up to WordPress standard. It would be really cool
if you hacked the WordPress code to find out how they did it and implement
it in an extension for TYPO3.

Then we could all have the option of having WordPress style urls if we
wanted to and then TYPO3 would truly whip WordPress in every respect from
urls to versioning.

What do you think?

Anyway back to your original question...this is my .htaccess and it looks a
little bit different to yours:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^(typo3|typo3temp|typo3conf|t3lib|tslib|fileadmin|uploads
showpic\.php)/ - [L]
RewriteRule ^typo3$ typo3/index_re.php [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l
RewriteRule .* /index.php