[TYPO3] Need help on .htaccess/realURL

Andreas Koppa akoppa at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 23:40:19 CET 2006

Hello,

Regarding Apache I'm just a copy/paste hacker.  So, I badly need help on
.htaccess/realURL.
In fact I prefer not to use .htaccess but i did because of people stealing
my bandwidth.  Now I´m again forced to use it because of realURL.  Why T3
relies on that solution while other simpler applications i.e. WordPress use

Anyway, this is my current .htaccess to avoid hotlinking:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://domain.com/.*$      [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://domain.com$      [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://subdom1.domain.com/.*$      [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://subdom1.domain.com$      [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://subdom2.domain.com/.*$      [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://subdom2.domain.com$      [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://www.domain.com/.*$      [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://www.domain.com$      [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://www.subdom1.domain.com/.*$      [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://www.subdom1.domain.com$      [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://www.subdom2.domain.com/.*$      [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://www.subdom2.domain.com$      [NC]
RewriteRule .*\.(jpg|gif|bmp)$ http://www.domain.com/gif/stolen.jpeg [R,NC]

This is required by T3 and realURL:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^(typo3|typo3temp|typo3conf|t3lib|tslib|fileadmin|uploads|showpic\.php)/
- [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l
RewriteRule .* index.php [L]

I have tested the later independently and works.  The question is how do
I combine the scripts in order to fulfill both requirements without compromising
each other?  By the way, there are many index.php in subdirs.

Thanks a lot.