[TYPO3] htmlArea RTE - inserting an <hr> causes all text to b e center ali gned

Jody Cleveland Cleveland at winnefox.org
Mon Feb 27 20:35:29 CET 2006

> The RTE is producing that HTML?! No wonder weird things are happening.

Yup.

>   <hr>
>
> ...paragraphs may not contain block level elements (including other
> paragraphs), and this one has _three_ inside it. If you can figure out
> why the RTE is producing such ridiculous html and fix it, I bet your
> problem vanishes...

That's what I figured. I can't figure out why it would do that. Or, for
that matter, why there's a paragraph tag for an hr in the first place. I
click the end of a body of text, click the button for hr, and it inserts
that p in there. But, I don't understand why that hr is wrapped in
anything.

Any idea what controls that?

- jody