[TYPO3] htmlArea RTE - inserting an <hr> causes all text to b e center ali gned

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 20:23:29 CET 2006

On 2/27/06, Jody Cleveland <Cleveland at winnefox.org> wrote:
> > What happens in the CODE on pages with this problem? Typo3/RTE just
> > make HTML code, so that should be the first thing you look at for a
> > problem like this.
>
> Here's the source code of the content:

> elementum posuere, felis. Sed faucibus, lacus eu interdum feugiat, wisi
> leo vulputate lectus, ut ullamcorper nisl nisl placerat tellus. Sed
> justo libero, blandit nec, eleifend vitae, adipiscing vel, orci. Sed
> libero tortor, luctus in, molestie id, ultrices at, nibh. Sed lorem
> tellus, rutrum sit amet, tristique eget, eleifend blandit, wisi.
> alignment.</p> </p>
>
> Any text I put after the hr ends up being center aligned. Unless, I
> specifically highlight the text afterwards and force it to left align.

The RTE is producing that HTML?! No wonder weird things are happening.

  <hr>

...paragraphs may not contain block level elements (including other
paragraphs), and this one has _three_ inside it. If you can figure out
why the RTE is producing such ridiculous html and fix it, I bet your
problem vanishes...

-Christopher