[TYPO3] Descending into folders using Jedit extension

Neil Bertram neil at tasmanstudios.co.nz
Mon Feb 27 11:47:25 CET 2006

Peter Klein wrote:
> Hi Paul. You just need to update to the latest version. Take a look at this
> tread from the Dev mailinglist..
> http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-dev/2006-February/016033.html
>
> ---

Yes you need version 0.1.1 of my plugin on the client side. The link is
in the post mentioned my Peter, the direct link is here:

http://sloth.webbedfeet.net.nz/~neil/t3stuff/TypoScript.jar

Note this is a prerelease version of the plugin. You'll have to manually
install it into jedit by copying it into the jars folder and replacing
the version you have already.

On Windows the location would be C:\Documents and
Settings\username\.jedit\jars

On *nix, it's ~/.jedit/jars

Note that you DON'T HAVE TO INSTALL jEdit 4.3pre4 ANYMORE!! As of
yesterday, the version of the plugin available above will automatically
install TypoScript syntax highlighting in jEdit 4.2 or 4.3 < pre4.

I might as well use this as a plug for my new extension :)

I've written a little bit here now (with screenshot):
http://www.webbedfeet.net.nz/t3site/jEdit-TypoScript.26.0.html

Basically anyone who's sick of editing setup and constants in the
backend could benefit from this. You simply install jEdit from
http://www.jedit.org (the 4.2 stable release is fine now!) and get the
TYpoScript plugin from the plugin manager within jEdit (if you have
multiple templates on a page, or are using TYPO3 4.0 already, you'll
need to follow the instructions above to get the new version). On your
TYPO3 installation, download and install jeditvfs from TER. That's all!
You set it all up within jEdit's plugin options.

Also see the docs:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/jeditvfs/current/view/
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/jedit/plugins/TypoScript/docs/index.html

If you get stuck, feel free to post back or email me. I'm very
interested in feedback about this system!

Neil