[TYPO3] Unable to get the correct register: value!

Peter Klein peter at umloud.dk
Mon Feb 27 11:44:29 CET 2006

Hi Surer. That explains why it doesn't work, as you do this:

page.10 < lib.menus.10
page.30 < lib.menus.30

Which results in the 20 part of the libs.menus, never gets executed!
Instead try:

page.10 < lib.menus

And remove the "page.30" part.

---
Peter Klein / Umloud Untd

"Surer Dink" <surerlistmail at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.4814.1141019144.3122.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
On 2/26/06, Peter Klein <peter at umloud.dk> wrote:
> Hi Surer. It was the templavoila TO Template I was talking about. :)
> I just tested som code that used register values in TV objects, and
> everything worked fine..
>
> Try posting your complete TS setup, incl. a description on where (In TV,
> from Setup etc.) you call the various TS objects.

Peter,
  I took TV out of the picture.  I create the follow structure, based
off of the ROOT of the entire typo3 tree:

test page
  - t1
    - t2
      - t3

test page has a template on it (the complete code):

lib.menus = COA
lib.menus {
  10 = HMENU
  10 {
    entryLevel = 0
    1 = TMENU
    1.NO.allWrap = A|A
  }
  20 = LOAD_REGISTER
  20.myCounter.data = register:count_menuItems
  30 = HMENU
  30 {
    entryLevel = 1
    1 = TMENU
    1.NO.allWrap = B|B
    2 = TMENU
    2.NO.allWrap = C|C
  }
}

page = PAGE
page.10 < lib.menus.10
page.30 < lib.menus.30
page.headerData.10 = TEXT
page.headerData.10 {
  data = register:myCounter
  wrap = COUNT:|:COUNT
}

the header contains COUNT::COUNT , no value is in there.