[TYPO3] Horizontal main menu & lsubmenues in vertical leftside?

Surer Dink surerlistmail at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 19:54:19 CET 2006

On 2/26/06, Jakob Ellerbæk <ellerbaek_nospam at stofanet.dk> wrote:

> Can somebody please help me make a menu with the main categories in the top
> with a horizontal menu and the subpages to the left in a vertical menu. I am
> very new with Typo3, but have read the quicktart and MTB 1+2 tutorials. I am
> editing the standard template_1.html from the tutorial. I don't now what to
> put in the setup field and what to put in the html. Please help!  Thanks in
> advance.

In pseudo-code:

temp {
  topnav = HMENU
  topnav {
    entryLevel = 1
    1 = TMENU
    1 {
      NO.allWrap = <li>|</li>
      wrap = <ul id="topnav">|</ul>
    }
  }
  sidenav = HMENU
  sidenav {
    entryLevel = 2
    1 = TMENU
    1 {
      NO.allWrap = <li>|</li>
      wrap = <ul id="sidenav">|</ul>
    }
  }
}

page = PAGE
page.10 < temp.topnav
page.20 < temp.sidenav

You might need to change entryLevel to 0 and 1 instead of 1 and 2.
Then use CSS to style #topnav li { display: block; float:left; }...