[TYPO3] Unable to get the correct register: value!

Peter Klein peter at umloud.dk
Sat Feb 25 19:38:32 CET 2006

Hi Surer. To save the count_menuItems register value, you can do something
like this:

-- cut --
lib.blabla = COA
lib.blabla {
  10 = HMENU
  10 {
    # Rest of menusetup here
  }
  # This part saves the temp "count_menuItems" register value in a
userdefined register value named "myCounter"
  20 = LOAD_REGISTER
  20.myCounter.data = register:count_menuItems
}
-- cut --

Then instead of using "cObject.dataWrap = 100/{register:count_menuItems}"
you then use "cObject.dataWrap = 100/{register:myCounter}"

---
Peter Klein / Umloud Untd.

"Surer Dink" <surerlistmail at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.4353.1140888106.3122.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
Peter,
  Thank you for your response.  I have seen a previous post by you in
the archives that describes this procedure - I understand that
count_menuItems is a temp register that is clobbered by every menu.
As I mention, I have been unable to get LOAD_REGISTER to work in any
way with the example code I posted.  No matter what I try, the
LOAD_REGISTER appears to either get no value or a random menu's value,
no matter where I place it.  If you believe this can be accomplished
with LOAD_REGISTER, can you please explain how to modify my code to do
so?