[TYPO3] Realurl and "umlauts" ÄÖÜ => aou

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Fri Feb 24 16:23:38 CET 2006

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> The H in Hodorkovskiy would sound like an English H (in "hello"). I
> think in Russian there is no such sound at the beginning of a word.

Probably, but "Hodorkovskiy" is read by Russians the same way as native
russian spelling. "Khodorkovsky" is read as "Ck-hodorkovsk-i" (Added "K"
in the beginning and removed [j] sound at the end). I even can not
pronounce it properly. :)

> As in English there is no Х you can neither spell it nor pronounce it :-)

Well, I heard "H" in "Hogwards", it sounds exactly how "H" should sound
in (K)hodorkovsky from russian point of view.

Dmitry.