[TYPO3] Realurl and "umlauts" ÄÖÜ => aou

Johannes Reichardt typo3 at gramba.de
Fri Feb 24 15:19:07 CET 2006

Hi Martin,

> It was meant as a genereal transformation and I think that most Geran
> speakers would like to retain their umlauts in URLs.
>
> And I don't get the thing about DB lookups. What's easier and why?

I have a search plugin that gets its results like this:

mydomain.de/searchpage/words_to_search/

That works like a tagsystem (licke flickr.com for example) which makes
me flexible with linking.

I cant filter oe ae etc... so i would never know if oe was ö or really
oe (like in böe for example) - so direct db lookups are impossible.

- JOhannes