[TYPO3] wierd thumbnail problem...

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Feb 23 22:00:07 CET 2006

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 13:35:50 +0100, Kahlil Lechelt wrote
with subject "[TYPO3] wierd thumbnail problem...":

> sorry i have to bother you all again with this problem
>
> but i really have to solve this...
>
> -- *
> i have a proper graphicksmagick 1.1.6 installation!!
>
> -- *
> the test in the install tool doesnt give me any errors exept for
>         reading formats like PCX, TGA and PDF ect which is perfectly
> acceptable!!
>
> -- *
> my gallery extension which uses imagemagickfunctions for scaling and
> watermarking is working perfectly!!
>
> *** BUT ***
> when i choose pics in my backend say for a newsarticle and save
> i only get a small gif sayin: "no thumb generated" instead of a thumbnail!!
>
> i am using typo3 3.8.1
>
> what seems to be the problem here???

I don't know it exactly, but I suppose: you have blanks in the filenames.
(Or other special characters?)

ImageMagick /Graphicksmagick becomes confused if the filenames include
blanks.
I think there are quotes ('"') missing around the filenames. (or they were
not handles proper from IM/GM)

Bernd Wilke