[TYPO3] Why doesn't it stay with the same language?

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Feb 23 02:49:45 CET 2006

At Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:21:54 -0500, Kerstin wrote:

> Just a couple of things still wrong with my 4-language site.
>
> All alternate language pages show nicely.  However, when I am, say, on a
> Spanish page and I want to go to another page, I click on the page title in
> the menu (yes, that is also nicely in Spanish), it doesn't stay in Spanish,
> but goes to that page in the default language!
> Then I have to click on the Spanish flag to get the Spanish page.
>
> Strrrange.
>
> Any suggestions?

Just try to hold the language param for all links:
in the setup-section of your template insert the line
	config.linkVars = L

in general:
	config.linkVars = var1, var2
to make these GET-params sticky in the URL.

this will work only if the link is build up by the typo3-link-building
function.
e.g.:
$this->pi_linkToPage($linkcontent
		    ,$url	//page-id or external-url
		    ,$target=''
		    ,$additionalparams=array()	// array(key1=>value1, key2
=> value2)
		    );

Extensions which build up their links themself will loose these params :-(
e.g.:
'index.php?id='.$GLOBALS['TSFE']->id.'&L='.$GLOBALS['TSFE']->sys_language_uid;
(bad style!!!!)

Bernd