[TYPO3] Replace page content when single view displayed

Mike Jones mrt.jones at ntlworld.com
Wed Feb 22 22:23:42 CET 2006

Hello all - hope everyone is well.

I have a small site which displays details of rental properties.

I have written a simple extension which first of all, in list view, gives a
table of properties. When a property is selected it switches to show the
property in single view. This works well.

Above the list view of the plugin on the page I have a standard text item
which introduces the list. This also looks good. When a user selects a
property in the list I would like the standard text item to not be shown -
so that the user only sees the details of the property that has been
selected and not the introductory text for the list.

I have delved a little in to the cObj rendering code but I am confess to
being very unsure of the ground.

Can anybody point me in the right direction - perhaps an example somewhere?

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you

Mike Jones