[TYPO3] problem with chc_forum (UTF-8 encoding)

Amiran Chyb amiran.chyb at stopspam.gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 08:17:48 CET 2006

hello

I've noticed, that chc_forum cannot encode international characters
entered from frontend (post title, body) despite that category names
entered in backend work flawlessly (utf-8).

( I have [BE][forceCharset] = utf-8 )

any thoughts?

when I input four polish chars they look after submitting like this:
A-with-umlaut square space A-with-umlaut square space A-with-umlaut square
space  A-with-umlaut square space

in class.tx_chcforum_pi1.php I've found the following line:

$this->cObj->ux_llcharset = $this->LOCAL_LANG_charset;

is it the guilty line? it sets  encoding to central european (polish)
since it's standard encoding for pl language, while browser is informed by
the page header, that it should use utf-8.

I've changed it to $this->cObj->ux_llcharset = 'utf-8'; but nothing
happened.

thanks a lot
A.