[TYPO3] Stability & performance problem

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Mon Feb 20 18:49:25 CET 2006

Piotr Burda wrote:
> Hi
> We are running www.narty.pl site on typo3 3.8.1, we have from 12 000 to
> 20 000 UV per day.
> Our hadware is HP DL - 380 dedicated only for this site.
> On this machine we are running typo and mysql server only for typo.
> We are using: tt_news, tt_products, chc_forum, and some other minor
> extensions.
>
> We have very strange performance problems, the server is wery often
> overload (20 to 30 times per day.
> What should we do to stabilize server work?

These performance problems are really strange, you server should easily
be able to handle the traffic. It seems like your apache is already not
performing, so maybe it is not even a TYPO3 problem...

You gave a lot of not-so useful info, please provide the following:

1. The output of an ab -c 100 -n 1000 of some static file in your
website (the logo picture, or whatever), preferably when the server is
idle (at night?)

2. The same output for retrieving theindex.php of your website, so we
measure TYPO3 performance.

I tried to do it from here, and the numbers are really low (36 req/s for
a static file, which is ridicolous), so I suspect your server is
severely misbehaving. But since I'm in another net, and it may be heavy
traffic time on your server, the numbers may be biased...

I don't want to blow my own trumpet, but see also
http://typo3.org/development/articles/testing-and-tuning-typo3-performance/

Greetings,
Michael