[TYPO3] Dynamic Header Image has no access to fields

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 20:51:39 CET 2006

On 2/18/06, Sean Gonsman <sean at abovemedia.com> wrote:
> I am pulling my hair out over this.  I am trying to create an image that
> uses the page title as the text.  For some reason the lib has no access
> to any of the fields (title, nav_title, etc.).  Everything else is
> working fine.  I have a background image that is being used and if I
> manually type the text it works.  Why don't I have access to fields?  I
> have put the following code at the top of the setup file for my template:
>
> lib.mainHeaderImg = IMAGE
> lib.mainHeaderImg.altText.field = title
> lib.mainHeaderImg {
>    file = GIFBUILDER
>    file {
>      XY = 434,27
>      backColor = #434343
>      10 = IMAGE
>      10 {
>        file = fileadmin/templates/city_pres/images/h_bg.gif
>      }
>
>      20 = TEXT
>      20 {
>        text.field = title
> #      text = About City Presbyterian
>        offset = 35,20
>        fontColor = #C0C662
>        fontFile = fileadmin/templates/city_pres/fonts/damnarc.TTF
>        fontSize = 30
>      }
>    }
> }
>
> Everything seems to work except for the line "text.field = title"
>
> I posted this to the DEV list also, but I think this is a more
> appropriate place :)

This list is the ONLY appropriate place for a question like this that
has absolutely nothing to do with extension or core development of
Typo3. Don't cross-post without a good reason.

Try one of:

text.data = field:title
text.data = page:title

...and check out .field and .data in the .stdWrap section [1] and then
read through the Datatype reference [2].

-Christopher

[1] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/current/view/5/1/
[2] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/current/view/2/2/