[TYPO3] cannot find 'adodb' in TER

Sean Ellis sellis at telus.net
Sat Feb 18 07:52:09 CET 2006

Ries van Twisk wrote:
> Bing Du wrote:

Hello,

>>  Right now, I don't need to change
>> the core database to something other than MySQL.  I just want to test
>> if it's possible to pull data from different databases within typo3
>> without installing any additional software (e.g. ODBTP, freeTDS, etc.)
>> on the operating system.
>>

> You can do that with default DBAL actually... you don't need rvt)adodb
> for that.

I wonder if anyone has an example that they can paste in for this, or a
pointer to the  authoritative documentation. More and more I'm needing
to connect to another database; for the moment I'm including a small
mysql access class, and doing mysql_select_db(TYPO3_db); (?)at the
close. I'd be much more comfortable doing it the typo way, but have been
unable to dig out the right docs yet,

cheers,

Sean