[TYPO3] 3.80 -> 4.beta3 upgrade

Gregory Remington greg at mediatech.net
Sat Feb 18 05:32:00 CET 2006

GreenNinja wrote:
> Ahh, no it was missing.
> I removed (renamed actually :) ) the original 3.8 folders and copied the new
> 4.0b3 ones but forgot the files from the dummy package as well.
> I copied these over but this didn't work either so I tried keeping the
> original fileadmin, typo3conf etc but received errors with this set-up as
> well so I have now just gone back to my working 3.80 installation.
>
> Is it worth overwriting the existing installaion with the new or would this
> also cause problems?
>
> This worked okay (I think) with previous upgrades.

We might also want to try 2 fresh installs and try these 2 options.

1) Export > Import t3d page tree file from T3 3.8.1 to 4.0 beta 3 and
reinstall extensions

2) Export > Import t3d page tree file from T3 3.8.1 to 4.0 beta then
dump 4.0 db and replace with 3.8.1 then run Tools > DB Check to update
3.8.1 db to 4.0 beta 3

Both ways allow us a fresh start using the native 4.0 beta 3 file structure.

Greg