[TYPO3] cannot find 'adodb' in TER

Bing Du du_bing at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 17 22:22:53 CET 2006

Ries van Twisk wrote:

> Peter Russ wrote:
>
>> Bing Du schrieb:
>>

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm not able to install ADOdb Interface (rvt_adodb) because it
>>> depends on 'adodb'.
>>> When I connect to online repository, I can see several extensions
>>> depend on 'adodb'.  But I'm not able to find any extension that has
>>> 'adodb' as Extension key.  We use Typo3 3.8.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Bing
>>>

>> adodb is shy !
>>
>> Regs. Peter.
>>

> I also need to check if rvt_adodb is still compatible with any 4.0
> version.....
> Let me know what's happening and if it's working...
> My first advice is use DBAL UNLESS you REALLY need rvt_adodb AND it's a
> private extension!!!
>
> rvt

Thanks for the response.  I picked adodb because I saw some user
comments say that DBAL was not very mature or something similar in that
nature and suggest try adodb.  Right now, I don't need to change the
core database to something other than MySQL.  I just want to test if
it's possible to pull data from different databases within typo3 without
installing any additional software (e.g. ODBTP, freeTDS, etc.) on the
operating system.

Bing