[TYPO3] Unicode (UTF-8) and SQL question(s)

Jack Hansen jack at danvian.lv
Thu Feb 16 09:22:47 CET 2006

Hi,

I need to change my web page a little as I have 3 different languages on and
one of them is Latvian, which contains many non English characters.
Especially the title bar looks nasty as all the special characters are
displayed as e.g Īrija instead of the real word for Ireland in Latvian.

I figured out, that I need to force Typo3 to use UTF-8 and I also need to
change my SQL database to use UFT8_unicode_ci.

Do I need to change every single collation from whatever it is today to
UFT8_unicode_ci or just those where special characters will appear?

If so, is there an easy way to do it? Like SQL query.

Specs:

Typo3 3.8

TV 0.4.0

MySQL 4.1