[TYPO3] A skin problem

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Tue Feb 14 21:29:38 CET 2006

Peter Russ wrote:
> tapio schrieb:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> this cause bad rendering and difficulties to control layout
>> in class.tx_cms_layout.php
>>
>>                             // If only one column found, display the
>> single-column view.
>>                         if (count($colList)==1)    {
>>                             $dblist->tt_contentConfig['single'] =
>> 1;    // Boolean: If set, the content of column(s)
>> $this->tt_contentConfig['showSingleCol'] is shown in the total width
>> of the page
>>
>> $dblist->tt_contentConfig['single'] = 1;
>> should be
>> $dblist->tt_contentConfig['single'] = 0;
>>
>> for better controlling the layout.
>

> Hey tapio,
>
> could you post this into bugs.typo3.org and explain why a boolean value
> of FALSE should be better than TRUE. Is this a feature request?

partial - I don't like at all the the layout is different, if only one
column has been found because it cause more layout problems than solves.

But I don't have any idea, where this has been set and if it would
be possible to set some configuration to disable the change.
I made for my own purpose an extra condition - if 'skin_grey' has been
installed, that change would *not* be done.
I know that this is not very smart solution - endeed I have made also
another skin_grey-related issue to my plugin (when the BE interface
control is optimized for this skin).  Because Lasse Norby owns the right
of 'skin_grey' I can't upload a new version of that skin.

Maybe this is some kind of autoconfiguration issue and there is not at
all user defineable configuration?