[TYPO3] tt_products categories

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Tue Feb 14 12:39:16 CET 2006

Hello Raymond,

> In this case I would have to set up the category hierarchy using pages
> in the page tree.
>
> Is this correct, or is there a better way of doing it?
> And ... is the category implementation to be expected any time soon?

yes, there is already the mbi_products_categories extension which
provides a category tree for tt_products.
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/typo3xdev/tx_mbiproductcategories/

I plan to write a category listing within the next 3 weeks.

> I'd provide some help, but I'm not a php hotshot. Barely manage to do
> simple stuff, but I'd give a hand with the docs, if this would be useful.

Any help with documentation of this is appreciated.

Some people have found another way using the nsb_cat2menu extension.

http://www.typo3.net/forum/list/list_post//35592/?page=1&sword=kategorie#pid136262

Maybe you could understand this and explain it for the manual.

Greets,

Franz