[TYPO3] [Typo3] Indexed Search (CVS Version) + MySQL 4.1 + UTF-8 => no results with special chars

Jochen Rieger j.rieger at connecta.ag
Mon Feb 13 14:11:49 CET 2006

Hi Nikolas,

>> in 4.0 this is the case.
> ah ok, i see...
>
> so in this case the DB has to
> be of UTF8 collation?

as far as I know collation anyway only affacts the sorting of your
entries when querying them, or am I wrong there?

Fact is: We currently built up a webpage with middle european as well as
russian, chinese and japanese as languages. Everything is set up as
UTF-8. As you may have read in the bugtracker we are even using an
unpatched 3.8.1 TYPO3 installation but set client, mysql and mysqld to
utf8 in the my.cnf.

This worked out fine finally.

Regards,
Jochen