[TYPO3] Change root password and adding new pics to the right

Roberto Kretschmer derilluminat at gmx.de
Mon Feb 13 08:43:15 CET 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 22:33 +0000, insi insi wrote:
> Hi..
>
> I hope I am posting to the right one now. I am a totally new user and has
> basic knowledge of the website creation or content management. I am using
> local pc (not server) with normal mysql and apache.
>
> I have a few questions:
>
> 1. How to change the username root and password?
> I tried to change it but it only change to the database username and
> password but not to the root password.

Tools->User Admin-> Now click on the pencil/edit symbol at the bottom of
the page right to admin user. In the following form you can change the
password of the admin.
New admin users can be created with the install tool.

> 2. Could you please tell me, is it possible if I want to add picture to the
> right side all the times?
> What I want is, if I upload a new picture with description of the picture,
> the position automatically always adding to the right side of the existing
> picture. So the position always on the right side and if adding new one, it
> will place on the right side of the previous picture and so on.
>
> The position like this pic1 description, pic 2 description, pic3 description
> and so on.
>
> If it is possible, could you please tell me how? or Any extention that I
> need to download?

Search the TER!

> 3. I have zone alarm installed but in order to view the front end, I need to
> turn it off because if it is on, it mentioned please enabled cookies. I know
> it is not the right post, but do you know how to make typo3 works with zone
> alarm?

Just allow cookies for your typo3 frontend and all should be working
well.

> 4. Say I am working from the local pc and then when I finish with the site,
> I want to move to the production server, how to do that? what proceses I
> should take?
> If you have this documented, please let me know which one it is.

There is a publishing function build right into typo. You have to
activate publishing in the configuration of your t3 installation and the
admin panel too. RTFM for detailed info.
There is also an extension called "realpublish" (donno if this is the
right key spelling). Maybe that works for you. Just take a look in the
TER.