[TYPO3] Simple prev next menu

Janno Schouwenburg janno at euronet.nl
Sat Feb 11 14:34:44 CET 2006

Hello,

I try to make simple PREV/NEXT buttons on every page in the site which just
walks the page tree. So pressing the NEXT button all the time should show in
the end all pages in the tree from top to bottom:

[root]
1.
1.1
1.2.1
1.3
2.
2.1
2.2.1
2.2.2
2.3
3
4

Sounds simple but I just can not find it. I looked at HMENU special=browse
but afaik there is no way of really going along the tree, only whithin
sections and jumping to other sections but never jumping a level deeper and
higher if needed (so 1,1 > 1.2 > 1.3 > 2.1 > 2.2 > 2.3).

I think the solution would not be the use of a HMENU but to find a way to
get the pageid of the next and privious page in the tree and using that to
form the PREV and NEXT objects in TS. Is there a simple solution I
overlooked?

Thanks,

Janno Schouwenburg