[TYPO3] 3 Columns in 4 languages

Kerstin news at riverecho.ca
Fri Feb 10 23:18:08 CET 2006

Hi,

There must be an easier way than this (I hope).

I have a 3 column layout and do the content in 4 languages.  I first do the
content in the default language.  In "Page" > "Column" view, I create
content for all three columns, but it only shows me the content of "Normal",
i.e. the centre column, not the left or right.

I click on "Languages" and say "Make new translation of this page".  So now
it displays the Normal column in 2 languages and all content elements were
copied over, including images. I just have to translate.

But it doesn't do the same for the other columns.  I have to recreate the
columns manually.  Or I go to "List" and copy and paste, but the elements
land in the "Normal column and I have to change them individually to the
other column(s).

Another problem:  if I choose "All languages" under "Type", the elements
don't show up at all.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Kerstin