[TYPO3] email address spam protection only works in regular text?

Bing Du du_bing at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 10 18:03:18 CET 2006

Hello everyone,

We're using Typo3 3.8. htmlArea RTE 1.1.3.

We have the following lines in the template.

config.spamProtectEmailAddresses = 2
config.spamProtectEmailAddresses_atSubst = @

In regular text content elements, email address, like foo at some.edu, can
be converted to something like
javascript:linkTo_UnCryptMailto('ajfdk;af') fine.  But the protection
does not work in 'text w/ image', 'bullet list', 'table' and maybe some
other types of content elements.  In the case of 'text w/ image', email
links show up as <a ....class="mail"
href="mailto:foo at some.edu">foo at some.edu</a> in page source.

If it's bullet list or table type, I can enter plain text only.  So
besides the question about email address protection, here comes another
question, any table extensions support some kind of RTE in table cell?
We need to insert images, URLs ,etc.  How do people usually handle it?

Thank in advance for any ideas.

Bing